Chord Track?

HoiBoi

Hey guys, I realize Logic doesn't have a Chord Track feature like Cubase but is there a way to create a track that is locked at the top of the arrange window and no matter if you're scrolling through 100+ tracks, it's always visible? I feel I could use something like that as a poor mans "chord track" by creating empty regions in that track and naming them according to the chords of the piece.

Arrange tracks and Marker tracks

Thanks taking the time to chime in, unfortunately those 2 aren't solution I was looking for. Seems something like a chord chart track/solution would be a no brainer thing to include in a DAW but most don't have it. As for the suggestions, I thought about those for a minute but I would like to keep using markers for pivotal points of the music cues and the arranger bar behaves in a non-intuitive way for me.

I could use the Marker track as a chord track but it's a "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" type solution. I'd like to keep using the marker track for what most people use it for, marking important changes in the music. I imagine if you don't have a solution for it, then it probably doesn't exist in Logic at the moment.

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't know you could have multiple Marker Sets :o . I guess the next question would be, can you view multiple Marker Sets simultaneously, like various lanes of markers? Or if only one lane is possible, is there a shortcut to toggle between them?

unfortunately, no, you have to choose the marker set from the popup marker menu. Would be nice if we could have different marker set per screenset...all views of markers are controlled by the choice from popup menu...

Yeah that would be a usable workaround.

Studio One has a Chord track too. Very useful and no sacrifice of the markers. Having said that, making a region and calling the chord name on a midi track works too.

Yeah that's what I thought would work but since you can't lock it, if you have a project with a large track count it's kind of a moot point. The only work-around would be to keep moving that "chord track" around your session to make it visible above the instrument you're recording at the time. It's not a very efficient solution though, both creatively and when you have time restraints.

I realised after I had gone to bed I should have expanded my idea more for you. I have used the above idea by playing the chords in and separating them writing in the names. The advantage is even if it’s just a held piano chord you then actually have a full version. You can also move the arrangement around now too. I built a modest string section this way recently and it’s quite handy. You do know logic shows you what chord you are playing up top when inputting midi right?. It was just a quick solution I thought would help you.

In the absence of that you could use captain chords or similar.