Exchange "2/2" for the Cut-Time Symbol in Score Editor?

TheUncannyValley
Go to solution Solved by volovicg,

Hi

Drag and drop into Score works fine here. Unless you mean change the 'Time Signature Menu' selection options. I don't think that is possible.:

Cut Time.png

Hi,

Upon further review, I did in fact mean the Time Signature Menu setting for the project. I’m glad you were able to interpret what I was asking.

Ultimately, this was simply an aesthetic matter. I’ll do fine with the score as it stands.

Thank you for your reply!

Could you please clarify what you mean by change - not sure I understand the specifics to the question?

I set the Project’s initial time signature to 2/2, and 2/2 is showing up in the score editor at the start of the project. However, I would prefer the “cut time” sign if possible.

Hopefully the screenshot below adds context to what I was asking.

383655857_HowtoChange2-2toCut-Time.jpg.3a1fa5c838635ca4e28eb9251786156f.jpg

• Solution

Thanks for the clarification so I can respond correctly....

The answer is yes...

You are in linear view so it is not quite as obvious.

Those part box ornaments such as cut time are global objects assigned to the entire score - they have no relation to the time signature or clef. ( you could set the time signature to anything you want and you will still see the cut time ornament in the score.

The very first time "time & key" signature is special as it is global for the entire piece. Logic determines this by looking at the placement of these at the beginning of the region

In linear view - you drag the object from the part box over into the region ( NOT on the time signature) and place it at position (1,1,1,1) - This will tell logic it is global and will change all your numeric time signatures to Cut time. Any time signature not placed on at this location will not affect any bars preceding it.

Remember if you try to drag and drop it on the time signature it will not work - it must go on the region and more importantly at the very beginning of the region (1,1,1,1) for it to change what you want.

See below.....

533305758_cuttime1.gif.802c7486be0b8b0366b5cff2f10edb0a.gif

...Those part box ornaments such as cut time are global objects assigned to the entire score - they have no relation to the time signature or clef. ( you could set the time signature to anything you want and you will still see the cut time ornament in the score (...)

Any time signature not placed on at this location will not affect any bars preceding it.

Awesome, it worked like a charm on the very first try. As a matter of fact, I read your comment, put a mug of water to boil into the microwave for tea, went to my studio to try it with a few different time signatures and made it back to reply before the bell rang. Very clear & concise directions.

Thank you so much for your reply!