Req for Assistance: Button to Change Mod Wheel to CC11 On the Fly

TheUncannyValley
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

I’m really just learning to use faders in the environment. I tried to create a button to change my mod wheel’s output to CC11 by just pressing it (changing its state). It didn’t work.

If it’s not too involved, would anyone be willing to explain how or if this can be done? I’ve got a pretty good handle on most other environment topics.

Thanks in advance.

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

The "template" forums are for sharing templates, so it's better to post your questions in the Logic Pro X forum, where they will be viewed by many more people and get many more chances of getting answered. I moved this one to the Logic Pro X forum for you.

I’m really just learning to use faders in the environment. I tried to create a button to change my mod wheel’s output to CC11 by just pressing it (changing its state). It didn’t work.

What would help us determine why it didn't work is a screenshot or a detailed explanation of how you created your button exactly.

If it’s not too involved, would anyone be willing to explain how or if this can be done? I’ve got a pretty good handle on most other environment topics.

Thanks in advance.

I would use a Transformer to transform CC#1 into CC#11. Then I would create a button that alternates the signal flow between going through that transformer, or bypassing the transformer, like this:

199516033_TransformerBypass.png.63eb2e61a31d2908403bb0159f23210e.png

What would help us determine why it didn't work is a screenshot or a detailed explanation of how you created your button exactly.

Initially I added a fader (button 6) and assigned the -1- values to CC1 and CC11 respectively. That didn't work.

If it’s not too involved, would anyone be willing to explain how or if this can be done?...

I would use a Transformer to transform CC#1 into CC#11. Then I would create a button that alternates the signal flow between going through that transformer, or bypassing the transformer, like this:

Transformer Bypass.png

I hate to be a noodge, but that ^ didn't work. I replicated the items in your environment screenshot exactly, and both states of the button labelled Transformer Bypass passed CC11 through. See my screenshot below.

To cover all bases, I also tried rearranging the cables from the fader to transformer/fader to seq input; and tried swapping the order of fader & transformer. I even tried all of those variations connecting the keyboard controller in question directly (Alesis Q25). No Luck.

1144896605_TroublewCC1toCC11Button.thumb.jpg.f1a564e9aac07e4f4ea8db678a2c85c4.jpg