Need Help! The volume fader gain looks like limited

Camila Grande

I just started with Logic Pro and everything was going fine...I have my Focusrite interface connected to a pre amp and compressor and I have been using exactly the same settings on interface (basically the gains to zero) compressor and pre amp. All of a sudden a noticed I lost a lot of input gain...but the sound color in the pre amp and interface reflect that they are reading fine but the level next to the volume fader got very low...max 30 and cannot go any higher, so my recordings now are very low volume...how can I fix this?? nothing el changed in the analog equipment....I must have touched something in Logic Pro? spent hrs trying to figure it out with no luck..HELP please

When recording digital audio (with any DAW software), the recording level can be set only in the analog domain. That means it is determined by the gain knob on the audio interface before the A/D converters, way before the digital signal ever reaches Logic. So basically no setting in Logic can possibly affect the recording level. Well... no setting except for the little knob at the very top of a channel strip, when it is visible, that is effectively a remote control for the analog gain value on your audio interface.

Make sure you haven't touched that little knob? Here's what it looks like:

1982638666_Gainknob.png.430f6d3dbb0ff58a06498b26bb64cf18.png