Vocoder effect corrupted audio file

lkwilliam

Hi team. Something horrible has happened. I experimented with EVOC 20PS on a vocal audio file. I've eliminated everything related to that vocoder but a deep grumbling distorted bass synth layer has embedded itself in the audio file I had sidechained. Nothing I do removes the distortion or restores the original file. I've turned everything off, bypassed effects, created empty tracks, deleted MIDI tracks, etc. Not even reverting the entire project to before I ever inserted the EVOC track restores the audio file! Besides experimenting with EVOC 20PS, another new variable in this session was introducing Nectar 3. It was a vocal take I loved and can't imagine reproducing. If there's anything solution please let me know. Thanks. Luke

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

Logic 10.5.1

MacBook Pro (late 2013)

Thank you all so much. You're correct. I was baffled because it didn't make sense. The mystery unsolved is: there was headphone bleed from the original (not vocoder) piano on the vocal track. I didn't hear it until I altered the instrumentation of the song, so that it was no longer blended with the same piano track. Because I noticed it after the vocoder, which I was unfamiliar with using, and was sidechaning with the piano, I assumed that the vocoder was the source of the problem. Now I understand. I never knew about Quicklook and audio files saved there. This helped a lot because I was able to listen to other sections from the same vocals session and hear the headphone bleed was in them too and just not noticeable in the mix. THANK YOU! A problem understood is a problem easier to solve! Luke