Stop LPX from sending CC7 messages to Kontakt

Leandro Gardini
Go to solution Solved by Ashermusic,

Hi,

Many of my Kontakt patches are constantly dropping in volume. I have checked and found out that, once you hit play, LPX sends out midi data CC7 and CC10, which affects the instrument.

There are some links teaching how to prevent LPX from sending those midi data, but all of them are outdated, and I can't find the right place to uncheck the setting.

How can I disable this function in version 10.5.1?

Hi David,

no, the grid is completely blank, no midi region, or anything else. I can only control modulation and pitch bend from my keyboard.

I've noticed that the Kontakt faders change when I just click on the track associated with it. No need to hit play.

Logic seems to send out some data according to this outdated article.

https://support.apple.com/pt-br/guide/logicpro/lgcp94b70f34/mac

Logic seems to send out some data according to this outdated article.

https://support.apple.com/pt-br/guide/logicpro/lgcp94b70f34/mac

The article is not outdated, however according to that article, Logic does not "send out some data", it either transmits or plays back the data that YOU sent or recorded into Logic.

If you can attach a Logic project file with a specific example and instructions on how to reproduce the issue we can have a look.

Yes I do have VEPRO but it doesn't matter, Logic does not send data unless you make it send data, for example by transmitting live data that is routed to one of Logic's output, or by playing back data that was programmed or recorded before.

Or do you mean it sends CC7 when you change the position of the volume fader?

I've just discovered it is indeed my Keystation sending cc7 data out of the volume fader.

It looks like I cannot disable this function on the keyboard.

Is there a way I can disable Logic from receiving this data instead?

Wow, so my guess was right? Ha!

While you can do that in the Environment globally, not sure how you do it specifically for that keyboard. Did you try doing as David suggested here?

1061424848_ScreenShot2020-09-14at9_30_37AM.thumb.png.8fdacf5aad6ba6be0ac28dbf73b30fa2.png

You can setup the environment so that all midi coming from the midi port where your keystation is connected, will filter out CC7 before cabling on to the sequencer as usual through the SUM.

cc7.thumb.jpg.406c88ee9a6d0ed34fe93fc609cffeba.jpg

I'm surprised to hear that the keyboard is sending it out automatically like that unless you are moving the volume slider or something. Check the keyboard settings. Another solution would be to get a hardware placed inline with the keystation the filters out CC7 from the keyboard always.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

Another solution is to allow CC7 through, because after all, you might want to record that to your tracks...but then place a small scripter script in front of Kontakt to block CC7 for the tracks where you don't want it leaking through....