Instrument stopped producing velocity lines

Thorny

I was working on a three-part piece in Score Editor. All of a sudden, one of the instruments stopped adding velocity info. All of the notes that I typed before have little lines in the automation window, but all new notes do not add them. I can hear each note. New notes for the other two instruments add normal velocity markings for new notes.

I assume that I swiped or typed some shortcut to turn it off but I cannot find it. I tried restarting logic, then restarting my mac but no change.

Any idea? Thanks!

Thorny

Edited by Thorny

All MIDI Notes have a velocity. Velocity is an attribute of the MIDI "Note On" event, it cannot be missing: if you have a MIDI Note On event, the event has a velocity. On the other hand it's possible that you don't see that velocity information displayed as a little horizontal line in the Score editor's Automation area as you would expect. Instead, you can check the velocity of the note for example in the Event List.

This is most likely due to a MIDI Channel issue. Are the notes the same MIDI channel as other notes in that region? Can you share a screenshot of better yet an example project that exhibits this issue? How to attach files to your post

918226159_ScreenShot2020-09-16at4_25_09PM.thumb.png.0f055bec47d8bd0fbed20c26c6ba4558.pngThanks, David. I had forgotten I could look at the event list. Unfortunately, it does look like the notes have a reasonable velocity value, but they are not showing in the automation window. I attached a screen shot that shows the score editor with a group of notes selected, plus the event list on the left. You can see that the notes all have velocity values but only two are showing, high-lighted white.

Thorny