Import Akai, Giga, Acid Files

AMILkita

Hello everyone, I was hoping that someone may be able to assist me with a matter. I would like to import an old sample library, that I've sadly neglected for far too long, and now realize I missed the migration train. I've searched high and low in this forum, and on the web for current and relevant information that will assist me getting it done. Befoire it really becomes too late. Any info would be very appreciated!

Most of those old conversion routines and Akai CD-ROM conversions are gone or don’t work any more as it’s old 32-bit legacy code. Kontakt can still handle things like Akai cd-roms, and the EXS24 can still convert giga and soundfont files (not sure about Sampler now, haven't checked). What format is the sample library? Edited by des99

I have mostly Akai formats, but also quite a few in Giga, Acid, and Rex formats, too.

Most of those old conversion routines and Akai CD-ROM conversions are gone or don’t work any more as it’s old 32-bit legacy code. Kontakt can still handle things like Akai cd-roms, and the EXS24 can still convert giga and soundfont files (not sure about Sampler now, haven't checked). What format is the sample library?

I recently learned that Kontakt 6 no longer supports importing Akai files, and I do not have an older version of Logic to install. :cry:

I have mostly Akai formats, but also quite a few in Giga, Acid, and Rex formats, too.

Giga and Rex you can probably do with the EXS24 in 10.4 or below.

Akai CD-ROMs you can still do with Kontakt.