Instead of showing notes, Score view says "Create a MIDI region"

jgillmor
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I went to all the trouble to play a cello part on my keyboard to notate it with Logic. But now that I have input the notes with my keyboard and finessed them in the Piano Roll editor, when I go to Score view, there are no notes. There is just a grey screen with the message "Create a MIDI region". The region is created and selected when this message shows.

I saw a previous post about this where someone recommended making sure the Link option in the Score view toolbar was set to on. Either way, it doesn't change anything. I've done this previously and had no trouble. I have notation to do for three more pieces so feel quite desperate for help. Any Logic heroes out there?

With much gratitude to any helpers out there!

Jennifer Gillmor

• Solution

Hi Jennifer,

Does it help if in the Tracks area, you click the background to deselect the region, then select the region again?

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire main window showing the Score editor open and the region selected in the Tracks area so that we can see your settings? How to attach files to your post