Logic Pro X - Midi bug

bazsa82
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

Hi,

I've got a midiBeam USB-midi interface and when I blow in my EWI, alls MIDI plugins received wrong message but in the environment this MIDI interface it's not connected to anything. How is this possible?

For example EXS24: ENV2 Decay fader answer, and it isn't connected from midi to EXS24.

here is a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KBnnCP9pXrZh4q_13L_on2KTGp6G5yJC/view?usp=sharing

I tried same interface and same plugin in Mainstage and the midiBeam works well. So I think the problem is with Logic Pro X. I tried this midi interface on other MAC and same settings but the problem does not occur. I tried it on this mac with Logic Pro x two different version and the problem is till.

What do you think? I tried delete this midi interface in Audio/midi setup, but the bug is still.

The MIDI is received by Logic and is routed to the Sequencer Input object, which is routing same to the selected track/channelstrip's instantiated plugin. In your case, that seems to be the EXS24.

For some reason either your EWI seems to be transmitting something else than MIDI Notes events or you MIDI interface is converting same else, which EXS24 respond accordingly. I think the problem might be within one of the installed drivers...

If not, I would try resetting the prefs.

BTW, why does the Physical Input object 's Sum prong isn't used instead?

Show us the mixer page in the environment - you must have something cabled to the channel strip - likely the multi

Also I had a lot of trouble with midi beam sending wrong information. I switched to midijet and problem went away... I am not a fan of midibeam - especially if you are sending a lot of cc#11 or equivalent

Why don’t you zip and upload you logic project if you want us to take a look at your environment

Hi,

thanks your answers. I'am not a beginner Logic user, because I used it about 10 years ago. And I can use the environment well, I can do many things.

I love my midi beam, I tried it other mac and work well. I tried other midi beam with my MacBook Pro, and the problem is still.

I can upload my project, but It very simple. I made a new one with EXS24. The problem is till also with other plugins. The problem is project independent.

For example EXS24: ENV2 Decay fader answer, and it isn't connected from midi to EXS24.

If you have a regular audio track selected in the arrange, *not* the track with the EXS24 selected, so you still see this behaviour?

If not, then that's expected behaviour, because when the EXS24 track is selected, *that's* when incoming MIDI gets routed to it.

If it *does* happen with some other audio track selected (the EXS responds to incoming MIDI), then one of two things is happening:

- You have some non-standard cable routing in the environment that's routing MIDI to the EXS24

or

- You have some controller assignments set up that are responding to incoming MIDI and directly changing EXS24 settings.

Show us the mixer page in the environment - you must have something cabled to the channel strip - likely the multi

Also I had a lot of trouble with midi beam sending wrong information. I switched to midijet and problem went away... I am not a fan of midibeam - especially if you are sending a lot of cc#11 or equivalent

Why don’t you zip and upload you logic project if you want us to take a look at your environment

Hmmm, my MidiBeam has been great. Have you contacted PandaAudio about it?