10.5.1 Undo issue

DamoDiggler

Hello,

Having more frustration than joy with 10.5* at the moment... for some reason, the most useful feature 'Undo' seems to have taken on a new personality... it no longer is an 'explicit' undo.. it seems to work with some things rather than others... for a while I was frustrated it wouldn't allow 'plugin' undo's... but then I found an option for that allows it.. but now, I'm in the Piano Roll... I take the pencil create a note... hit 'undo' and something else is undone.. not sure what logic this serves.. no pun intended... but have they tried to make it 'cute' and I'm missing something here ?! ...because now, I'm really regretting going to 10.5.1.

:roll:

I tried both... but the menu item 'undo' usually states the last event.. .or at least a tip of what the last event was... now when I look at the 'undo' menu item .. it has the last the event that occurred some time ago... I enabled 'last edit function to region name' ... and I can clearly see a new region I just recorded along with the 'last edit function' in it's title... but then that title is not on the 'Undo' history at all

EDIT: If I didn't know any better I could swear... unless an edit occurs on the Mixer or Plugin... Logic just isn't listening / watching it at all.

it's not 10.5.1 in general, as undo works here as it always has. perhaps time to delete logic's preference file? or reinstall logic? or see what triplets (or others) say here, it should be fixable.

you could try creating a test user account, then open logic there, see if the problem happens (at least you'll know if it's global, or specific to your account). good luck with it!

I'm in the Piano Roll... I take the pencil create a note... hit 'undo' and something else is undone.

To troubleshoot an issue like this, take all emotion and judgement out of the way and put on your scientific cap. What else is undone exactly? Can you reproduce that behavior multiple times? In different project files?

Another you could do if you can't seem to pinpoint the culprit that way is to, when you want to undo something, get into the habit of first clicking the Edit menu to see what operation is listed next to Undo. Here when I create a note with the pencil tool in the Piano Roll I always see this afterwards:

36151434_EditgtUndo.png.675000101227705843b11b373130eec7.png

HI David,

It must be the project... I checked my other machine, it's not doing it (different project) and they're the same versions of Logic, both 10.5.1, so it's just gotta be that a corruption in the project file.. but that's so strange, it was literally no more than 15 minutes old.

Sorry, yes.. emotion.. gets away when there pressures on... all good now, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey David, sorry about the delay... but yes, I did have Plugins included in the Undo History, and upon checking the Undo History.. there was something very odd going on, almost no events were being added to the Undo History at all.. so, I trashed the project, created a new project.. added audio files and started again. I've never had 'corrupt' project so early before... but anyway, no point chasing ghosts.. I'm back on board, thanks again!