Emagic Logic 5 can't load included software effects and instruments.

Rubikoff
Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

Hello!

Can you please tell me, has anyone had this problem? For some reason I have no software effects and instruments and vst (in folder VstPlugIns is .dlls) in the mixer, new ones cannot be added/insert, they are simply not in the list, sound is on, tracks with .wav's not audible, work only metronome sound and general midi instruments . see the sshot:

bug.png

Qie1hlfe-Pu.gif

Used version 5.5.1 or 5.3.0 on Win10 x64.Tryed run on emulator under WinXP SP3 x32 and Win7 x32, the problem is the same.

ps: very need to restore old projects (~2006ths).

sorry for my bad english...

Note - if this is just for converting projects, you don't actually need the audio system turned on/active in order to load, then resave, your projects.

In my experience, it does help to have the correct audio config loaded. Then you do an audio config convert to CoreAudio and then re-save for use in Logic X. This helps to preserve plugins and settings in the converted project.

In my experience, at least from memory (having converting all my old Logic 1.x, 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x and 9.x projects to LPX, but it was a few years back now), it doesn't matter for the conversion whether you have an audio device active or not.

The project will still have all the audio settings saved within, and this stuff doesn't get deleted just because an audio device wasn't active at the time.

(Think about it - if you load say an LPX project, with audio settings, files, plugins etc) into Logic with the audio engine turned *off*, then save the project, then turn the audio engine back on and reload the project - all your audio stuff, plugins etc aren't now deleted from your project).

I found particularly on LP6.x which I have running on an old (slow) Powerbook, it was far quicker to leave the audio engine off while converting files so it didn't try to load plugins every time you loaded a project etc.

But as always, the OP should test on his system to make sure the projects convert correctly.

Asio enabled in logics preferences ? :)

No, driver is off! But I have Asio Driver, but it seems to me that he is x64, and Logic does not see him ((

You were right, I just launched a virtual machine with WinXP x32, installed Asio4All x32 and everything loaded, everything works nd sounds!

Thank you very much!

For All!

No, driver is off! But I have Asio Driver, but it seems to me that he is x64, and Logic does not see him ((

You were right, I just launched a virtual machine with WinXP x32, installed Asio4All x32 and everything loaded, everything works nd sounds!

Thank you very much!

For All!

Yeah, that driver is probably too "new", good call with asio4all !

You're welcome :)

Now another question is how to set the driver so that the logic can see it. under the virtualbox WinXP SP3 x32 put Asio4All x32 it all worked. under the native win10 x64, the ASIO driver does not see. The already installed RME Asio (most likely x64) does not see, tried to install asio4all x32 & does not see either.