How to autosample a Reason instrument???

Guaguanco

What's not working? Presumably it's just a plugin that you send MIDI notes to, and it spits out audio, like any other plugin instrument...

Autosampler doesn't trigger the Reason instrument for sampling. I've put Autosampler where I have the external instrument channel and on the Aux channel where the sound of Reason comes into Logic and Autosampler always records a blank audio file.

I don't know if it's a settings or a routings problem on my end.

That doesn't sound like you're using Reason as a plugin, that sounds like you are using it external to Logic (ie Reason running as a separate app). Autosampler needs to be on the channel you are sampling from really.

Try my initial suggestion - actual run Reason as a plugin in Logic, and sample that way.

That doesn't sound like you're using Reason as a plugin, that sounds like you are using it external to Logic (ie Reason running as a separate app). Autosampler needs to be on the channel you are sampling from really.

Try my initial suggestion - actual run Reason as a plugin in Logic, and sample that way.

Ok, that's the rub. I have Reason 9 and Reason as an AU didn't become available until version 11.

Thanks for taking the time in helping me figure this out Des99.

Ok, scratch that then.

How are you getting audio from Reason into Logic? Rewire? Or a virtual audio device? Can you insert the external instrument on a software instrument track, send the MIDI to Reason, and get audio back from Reason in the External Instrument?

Thru Rewire via an Aux channel.