Triggering Drum Machine Designer from Beatstep Pro

redgreenblue

I can't seem to figure out the routing to have DMD be triggered from my BeatStep Pro. If I cable it to the channel strip in the environment I see the pads light up but no sound comes out. Of course if I have it straight in on the Main screen it works, but I'd like to use the BS Pro directly connected and use the sequencer on that. I'm perplexed.

• 5 months later...

Hi, have you found a simple solution ?

I found a way of doing it, but it's not very handy, although once fully done I could save it as a template project.

Using the midi environment : Create a physical input (to get the Beatstep), a monitor (to catch midi) and transformers (to filter and send specific notes to DMD tracks).

You will have to create one transformer per DMD track and route them with the monitor.

Then, for each transformer :

- select "Apply operation and filter non matching events"

- Status = note

- Channel = the midi channel you defined for your Drum sequencer

- Pitch = C1 for the first transformer / track, Pitch = C#1 for the second transformer / track, etc. until you mapped the 16 notes.

Here is a screenshot when I did it for the first 3 tracks :

616999615_Screenshot2021-03-07at11_10_40.thumb.png.02c5ff2d9666abca3ea90f4c17906839.png

Hope this helps ! If you found an easier way please let me know !