Creating New Score Sets: GM Objects are Included, Don’t Want Them!

TheUncannyValley

I’m rushing through a project on v10.2.4 and creating Score Sets to quickly compare different string parts. However, there’s 5 GM Objects* at the bottom of my arrange page that are *not* selected which keep appearing in every new Score Set, and I have to manually delete them.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

* = I don’t know if it matters, but the GM Objects are for mixing & writing automation for the first 5 channels of an instance of Stylus RMX.

Are the mutli’s in use on the tracks selected as well?

Posting the project here (stripped down) would be helpful...

I will try to reproduce as soon as I can

Hi, my computer crashed a few hours after posting my question. I’m reinstalling macOS tonight (Tue 10/6, typing this from my iPad) and I will post a stripped down version of that project tomorrow after work. Thank you for your reply.

Are the mutli’s in use on the tracks selected as well?

No, the tracks that keep sneaking into new score sets are GM Object tracks I'm using to manipulate Stylus RMX.

Stylus RMX is loaded with a 5 channel multi and is set up in this Logic project with two folder stacks:

- folder stack 1 contains 5 tracks: a multi-output instantiation of Stylus RMX, plus four additional instrument tracks (auxes, of course).

- folder stack 2 contains 5 GM Object tracks: connected to environment faders that adjust each track's volume in real time and write automation.

Sorry it took a few days to post this, things are crazy in my life, but that's pretty much everyone's story these days. Thank you for taking a look at the project file, I hope something catches your attention. All the best.

The LPX Project file in a ZIP, on Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6drks4jsk6uv2ze/ENT-Sel09--04-11-01%20for%20LogicProHelp%20%28ScoreSetWeirdness%29.zip?dl=0

P.S.: I copped the idea for these Stylus GM Object faders from an old MacProVideo tutorial called Logic TnT 2, feat. Steve H & Rounik Sethi. I'm kind of obsessed with mastering the environment and enjoy watching all the old tutorials from Logic's early days, when everything had to be set up manually. That was way before my time as a user of Mac *or* Logic.

First pass analysis ( may need more information for clarification)

1/ I went through all 5 of your score sets and they all look correct - none of them contain the additional GM midi object referenced in the OP.

2/ I also tried created several different score sets using different methodologies ( automatic generation of score sets (2 ways)) and these all seemed to behave properly.

3/ Therefore I find no issue I can determine nor reproduce to offer additional help - so now that I have the file, baby step me through your specific process of how you create a score set so I can reproduce you exact process.

Some things to think about.....

1/ You may have had a GM Multi region selected even though the track headers was not selected ( this would in fact include that region in the score set). More likely to happen if the preferences->general->"select region on track selection" is NOT checked - especially if it's in a folder stack where you can't see it. ( although the parent folder should tell you).

2/ Remember score set can be created by selecting the tracks and merely opening the floating score editor window ( this is one of the automatic ways score sets are created) - only applies to the floating ( external score window command+4 or from the main logic menu->window) it does not occur when opening the embedded score window.

3/ I assume that once you have included this accidental multi in the creation of the score set - you open the particular score set in question and delete the reference to that object there... which led you to the question - why is it showing up there.

4/ lastly what version of Logic are you using so I can use the same one as your for testing purpose.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...
First pass analysis ( may need more information for clarification)

1/ I went through all 5 of your score sets and they all look correct - none of them contain the additional GM midi object referenced in the OP.

2/ I also tried created several different score sets using different methodologies ( automatic generation of score sets (2 ways)) and these all seemed to behave properly.

3/ Therefore I find no issue I can determine nor reproduce to offer additional help - so now that I have the file, baby step me through your specific process of how you create a score set so I can reproduce you exact process.

Thank you for all of your help, Greg. I just sent you a P.M.

I'll look at your suggestions today.