Printing in Linear View or can you print in Text Edit

dynamicalan

Hello,

I hope I'm posting a repetitive post but if I could preview and print in text edit I could actually print this score! It's way off he page in any printing paper used even in oversized Tabloid. There's a half page left over on each page until the orchestration gets fuller and then it runs off the end of the page and gets cut off. But also it has horrible printing like if you took a pen and scribbled on it. Does anyone here print full orchestra scores?

Thank You,

Alan Warrick

Hello,

Thank you for your questions! I used a lot of paper sizes but oversize Tablod was one I used a lot and with both Portrait and Landscape. What would happen is the notes in the solo flute would get garbled like there was many a thick pen with to many notes. And the pages would get cut off starting at page 22 or 89 This was a full orchestra score.

Thank You,

Alan Warrick

I am not looking for anyone to fix this I need to do that myself I am runnning 10.4.6 on Mac OS 10.13.6 and the reason I sent the screenshot is to show what is happening. For example can you print from linear view? This is a full orchestral score and all instruments are selected. Chances are it's internal or the file is corrupt - Enginerring says there are to many tracks. I use a laptop 15" so reducing the view makes it tiny to read and it still doesn't fit on the screen. You don't need a project file it's just a question. If you have to use page view and it must be a picture and use preview this is the question.

I set the margens as directed for paper size. If I only print a single page that was cutoff when printing all of the pages it's still cut off. Changing the size settings in the staff style window does not help

Thank You

Just delete all the notes and leave the staves... for me to show you how to fix it - I need to do it so you can see all the steps

No print comes from page view not linear view and you didn’t answer the question about whether you are using a score set and you need to if you have more staves than can fit on a page without using one

• 9 months later...

Create a sore set for the piece to include all instruments - then in the score set window there is a scaling parameter - default is 100 - lower the number until your score fits as you want

Make sure your new score set is active by ensuring it’s in the filter drop down box