Change overlapping order (sent to background)

Alex_oz
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi guys

I'm trying to overlap two tracks but changing the way they are overlapped. I added an image to help understand what i need. After overlapping i'd need track 1 to be on top of track 2. Every time I'm putting these files together track 2 is on top.

Does anyone know how to do this? i couldn't find it anywhere.

Many thanks

Alex

logic.png.d86db5f7a4ba6195bd37c0d58e456587.png

AFAIK, two different audio regions could not play on the same track at the same time.

The latest region will always supersede the common playback period.

Why not keep the two regions on separate tracks?

Because i'm duplicating tracks to apply different compression and EQ to the bass track and then blend them together. Not being able to change the overlapping order will make me create 6 tracks in this case and that could start impacting on CPU power.

• Solution
I'm trying to overlap two tracks but changing the way they are overlapped. I added an image to help understand what i need. After overlapping i'd need track 1 to be on top of track 2. Every time I'm putting these files together track 2 is on top.

You can't play overlapping audio regions simultaneously on the same track in Logic. When two audio regions overlap on the same track, only the one that has the latest starting point plays, the other one is cut off.

If you want the regions to blend, you need two tracks. If you don't mind not having them blend, then you may as well resize them so that they don't overlap visually, so that WYSIWYH (What You See Is What You Hear).

...Because i'm duplicating tracks to apply different compression and EQ to the bass track and then blend them together....

Sounds like you want parallell processing ? Usually that's achieved by using a send from the bass track and having the parallell processing plugins on the receiving aux, blending the signals with the send knob...

You can't play overlapping audio regions simultaneously on the same track in Logic. When two audio regions overlap on the same track, only the one that has the latest starting point plays, the other one is cut off.

If you want the regions to blend, you need two tracks. If you don't mind not having them blend, then you may as well resize them so that they don't overlap visually, so that WYSIWYH (What You See Is What You Hear).

I need these regions to blend, I'm keeping both tracks. Thanks for the answer!

...Because i'm duplicating tracks to apply different compression and EQ to the bass track and then blend them together....

Sounds like you want parallell processing ? Usually that's achieved by using a send from the bass track and having the parallell processing plugins on the receiving aux, blending the signals with the send knob...

It's much easier / clean to keep both tracks in this case.