A few beginner questions

bekhanaro54

Hey guys! Just recently bought Logic Pro and dived right in to produce some beats yesterday! We stumbled upon a few problems, while we were following a 'Tutorial' to make a beat, the guy in the Tutorial used a plugin for pitching an imported audio-sample - we couldn't manage to replicate his pitch but I also don't want to spend money on any plugins yet...is there an 'easy' way to pitch a sound in Logic Pro? We couldn't find the right tool...

Another question - we started our whole project at 170 bpm, but then we wanted to speed up the imported audio-sample (the same one we wanted to pitch btw) to 190, but we just couldn't manage to do it - what would be the best way to do that?

Thank you!

Hey guys! Just recently bought Logic Pro and dived right in to produce some beats yesterday! We stumbled upon a few problems, while we were following a 'Tutorial' to make a beat, the guy in the Tutorial used a plugin for pitching an imported audio-sample - we couldn't manage to replicate his pitch but I also don't want to spend money on any plugins yet...is there an 'easy' way to pitch a sound in Logic Pro? We couldn't find the right tool...
Perhaps showing(/providing the link to) the tutorial you are referring to could clarify what is at stake...

Another question - we started our whole project at 170 bpm, but then we wanted to speed up the imported audio-sample (the same one we wanted to pitch btw) to 190, but we just couldn't manage to do it - what would be the best way to do that?
There are many ways to achieve that. Varispeed could be one of them. Also getting acquainted with Flex would be another approach. Smart Tempo might be another interesting topic, depending or your workflow and goal.

If you are starting to use Logic, I would recommend easing the learning curve via an efficient medium such as David's book.

As you probably experienced it by yourself, available tutorials on Youtube are sometimes good, some other times not so good...

Also finding the right tutorial answering your very question will prove becoming rapidly time and energy very consuming.

Instead, you could get the best out of Logic for your music way more efficiently, thanx to David's book...

BTW, the author is hosting this very site and attends it regularly...

(...and no, I'm not advertising nor am I paid for same...)