Fade Tool Broken

brandeneatsfood
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I'm trying to apply fades to a specific audio file in a song that I am working on and the fade tool is just not working at all. I have it selected to where it activates when I press the command button, but when I try to apply a fade literally nothing happens. It's like this when I try to use it on ANY audio file. What's going on with this? Anyone else have this issue?

Are you trying to apply it on a take folder?
I don't believe so. What I did was I exported a synth loop I made in the ES2 as an audio file, then I dragged the audio file from Finder into an Audio channel. I can do everything but apply fades to this audio file.

I have tried this out in other projects as well with different audio files and I can't apply fade to any of them. If you need more information perhaps I can get a screen recording of these steps and send that to you.

Is it a PCM file? What format? Wav? Aiff? Are you dragging the fade tool OVER the region boundaries? From inside the region, over the boundaries, outside the region then release the mouse?

Gotcha, you're right about the boundary thing. I was trying to apply the fade to a specific part of the synth loop in the middle of it and apparently I cant do that in Logic unless I split up the file into separate parts so that there are more than two boundaries.

Thanks for the help!