Disabling and re enabling channel plugins

JamesK

I jus learned that if you have the on/off button showing and hold option then click it will disable the plugins which is fantastic but the problem is it also will disable play back of that track.

Other than swiping down on the plugins to disable them is there a key command I'm missing that will disable/enable plugins without disabling playback of the output on the track?

Other than swiping down on the plugins to disable them is there a key command I'm missing that will disable/enable plugins without disabling playback of the output on the track?

Yes, you can click the Settings button at the top of the channel strip and in the pop-up menu, choose Bypass All Effect Plug-ins. Or you can choose Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit and search for "Bypass All Effect Plug-ins", select it, click Learn by Key Label and assign it to a key command.

• 2 months later...

Good tip... Thanks!

A note on "Bypass all plugins" - Assume some, but not all plugins are "on". A simple "Undo" will restore all of the plugins to the prior state, so you can toggle, well, as long as nothing else is done except listening, toggle the plugins on/off