Logic Pro 10.6 is out

David Nahmani

Alright...problem solved. I have NO idea how this happened, but my Tooltips were somehow set to a timeout value of a buzzillion milliseconds. I definitely didn't do that, no idea how it got set like that, but issuing the following command line fixed the problem..all working now.

defaults delete -g NSInitialToolTipDelay

I only skimmed through the page showing all the changes. Nice to see they fixed the "clicking a track and then shortly right clicking after isn't seen as a double click anymore." That was extremely annoying. Few things I had questions about which I didn't see right away and if anyone feels like chiming in, I'd really appreciate it!

1) Did they make it to where you an always zoom to your playhead or mouse even if regions are selected?

2) Can you toggle input monitoring on and off for a track that already has something recorded, but it won't play the previously recorded track when you hit the input monitor button? As it stands, Logic Pro X will play the input monitor source AND the previously recorded region at the same time...which defeats the purpose of quickly flipping back and forth to reference changes. The only way around it is to mute the region then listen to your input monitor source. For instance, If I have a DI track I'm reamping, it's being sent out to a source, I record that source, but then make changes to the source after I recorded it. What I want to do next is hit play, have the DI playing in real-time through the source and listening with Input monitoring, but then when I turn off input monitoring for that track, I want to hear the previously recorded take. This isn't possible in Logic X.

3) Can you quick punch without audio dropping out?

4) Is there still a delay when you change takes on a track during playback?

I seem to notice that 10.6 seems to have removed the ability to float the mouse pointer over a plugin button to see the latency being reported by that particular plugin. Is anyone else getting this same behavior? I am working off a fresh install of Catalina so maybe its a preference I need to set that I have forgotten about, I'm not sure...but anyway...it doesn't seem to be working for me now. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this or knows a way to find out that info?

Though Dewedman42 solved this issue, for anyone else - I noticed this behavior prior to 10.6. The solution that worked for me: turning Quick Help off.

I found any time that Quick Help was enabled, the Latency report help tags wouldn't pop up. Whether or not Help tags were enabled in the Preferences.

I found any time that Quick Help was enabled, the Latency report help tags wouldn't pop up. Whether or not Help tags were enabled in the Preferences.

Indeed you're right! Actually come to think of it I think I remember discussing this in the recent past. Probably with you. :) In any case thanks for posting that extra info here, very useful.

Indeed you're right! Actually come to think of it I think I remember discussing this in the recent past. Probably with you. :) In any case thanks for posting that extra info here, very useful.

You bet, David! I tripped over that solution by accident in a desperate search for the latency help tags. Happy to return the favor back to Logicprohelp for all the help it's brought me over the years!