Audio disappearing...

RWCmusic

Hi!

I'm having a problem with audio disappearing, recorded audio not midi. It's happened on many projects, i could be working on a project for months and then randomly, when i open the session, some of the audio is just missing. The recorded section is still there but theres not waveform visible and no audio audible. Why? Can i get that audio back? It's so frustrating having to re record parts.

Sometimes it happens randomly, or at least it appears random and other times its after i bounce individual tracks, even the bounced file has no audio despite there being no issue with the audio at the time of bouncing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I used to have this problem often and I don’t anymore, since I’ve started saving my projects as folders instead of packages. Make sure when saving a session that the checkbox next to audio files is also checked.

I don’t know why it happens but my conclusion has been that saving as a package is a bad idea, folders always work for me. Hope this helps!

Yes i get 'audio file not found' pop up every time. I have tried locating the file and also 'skipping all', it still works even if i skip and the audio file that supposedly wasn't found, is still visible and audible within the project. Even if i locate the audio file, it still goes missing the next time i open the project.

Yes i am saving to my system drive. Thanks!

Yes i get 'audio file not found' pop up every time. I have tried locating the file and also 'skipping all', it still works even if i skip and the audio file that supposedly wasn't found, is still visible and audible within the project. Even if i locate the audio file, it still goes missing the next time i open the project.

Yes i am saving to my system drive. Thanks!

You're welcome. Ok good to know about the system drive, at least we know it's properly formatted.

So make sure you take a note of the exact, precise file name (and number if any) that is/are missing. It's not possible for Logic to playback an audio file that it cannot find, so my guess is, it's playing another file, not the one that is missing. You can open the Project Audio browser to see the missing file, they should have an orange exclamation point symbol in front of their name. If you locate them, make sure you then save your project file to update the reference to the new location. When you open that file again, you will no longer get an alert that the file is missing — unless of course you manually change its location in the Finder without that Logic project's knowledge.

• 5 months later...

Same issue here...

To locate the missing audio from the browser, does the project need to be saved as a folder? Currently my session is saved as a project and that's all my browser can see - the Logic X fine, but no audio files beyond that.

Thanks in advance, John

Same issue here...

To locate the missing audio from the browser, does the project need to be saved as a folder? Currently my session is saved as a project and that's all my browser can see - the Logic X fine, but no audio files beyond that.

Thanks in advance, John

To locate the missing audio file you need to know the exact name of the file. And then start searching for it on your computer.

No microsoft - never! Project's on my hard drive.

I "saved as" project to a folder, though maybe I should've saved the project into a folder from the start?

I opened the newly created folder-project, but opening the browser took 40 min! Some of the files were missing from that folder's audio, so I copied all the audio files from the original project's "show contents" portion and replaced the folder's audio files.

Now I'm having some success linking a few exclamation-marked files in the browser, but they may all be 8-bit now.

918676018_ScreenShot2021-05-08at9_59_12PM.png.5e50c98ad8e890f48959ff178284a3dc.png