LP 10.5 No longer available from the App Store??

sigmund

Hi all,

I'm running Mojave which is the latest OS I can run on my Mac Pro. Today went to upgrade to LPX 10.5 but it's disappeared from the App Store. I was previously getting notifications of its availability as an update but since the realise of 10.6 which requires Catalina the 10.5 option has disappeared.

Anyone any idea how to find a back door to 10.5 update on the App Store?

All the best.

It's supposed to (at least that was the behaviour for the last years), but it doesn't seem to be behaving like this across the board at the moment - not just Logic, but Garageband, and possibly other things.

Whether this is a temporary issue/glitch, or an intentional new behaviour is not known at this point...

sorry I can't be more help, I am in the middle of testing out an OpenCore Catalina setup.. Sounds like Apple is buggering it up in their effort to push people forward. I can tell you also that on Catalina, when I attempted to install GarageBand, it said something about needing BigSur, but then downloaded the highest version available for my hardware... of course after that, it started giving me annoying notifications that I need to update GarageBand, even though Catalina won't allow it. And I can't get rid of a notification to update to BigSur either...and my understanding is that Apple has gone out of their way to prevent anyone from being able to turn that off.

So basically as usual...they are burning the trail behind while they forge ahead.. I think in some cases they don't mean to burn the trail behind but they're so focused on ahead that the trail burns behind them anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a) An extended question, if I buy Logic in April 2021 on my Mojave.

Will I be able to download and install it, on the

Bought page for Mojave ?

b) Or does a new buyer need to upgrade to Catalina ?

MY HARDWARE:

I have a custom upgraded 2012 13" Non-Retina Macbook Pro i5 16gb Ram, 1 TB Crucial SSD - with Mojave

and

also a standard 2012 15" Retina Macbook Pro i7 8 GB Ran, 512 SSD - with Catalina - available for a while.

Thought about running it on the 15 inch i7 first and

then on the 13 inch i5.