Articulation Sets

dwmusic1
Go to solution Solved by Ashermusic,

Hi Guys,

Been reading up on Articulation Sets in Logic X . I understand the process for mapping keyswitched articulations for Logic and Third Party instruments...However, I read somewhere you can create keyswitch articulations for instruments that don't already have them. ( ie...some East West stuff has very little keyswiches to choose from)...follow me?? Hope so. So my question is...Did i read correctly and that is possible to do? and ...how does one do that ? ( create mapping articulations/keyswitches for an instrument that does not have any.) ??

Hope that makes sense. Thanks

Dave

• Solution

Well you can by building a multi with individual instruments loaded in it assigned to discrete MIDI channels, as I have done for the entire EastWest Hollywood Orchestra.

E.g Hollywood Strings 1st Violin:

Legato Slur on MIDI channel 1, Portqto on MIDI channel 2, MOD Shorts on MIDI channel 3, Pizzicato on MIDI channel 4, etc.

Well you can by building a multi with individual instruments loaded in it assigned to discrete MIDI channels, as I have done for the entire EastWest Hollywood Orchestra.

E.g Hollywood Strings 1st Violin:

Legato Slur on MIDI channel 1, Portqto on MIDI channel 2, MOD Shorts on MIDI channel 3, Pizzicato on MIDI channel 4, etc.

Now that's smart! Thanks for sharing that solution Jay. Pretty crafty. ;)