region volumes

teddidread
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

On my MacBook Pro, in LPX I have volume and pan automated info THAT I DID NOT PUT THERE in some regions. I go to edit the region automation and there's nothing there to edit, so I finally realized I could turn off the region automation and that too care of the problem. What I want to know is how do I keep it from happening in the first place? Thanks, Ted

All my tracks say 'Read'. If there's info that changes the volume and panning in the region, shouldn't I be able to see and edit it? If not on the track, at least in the list editor (I see no CC7s or CC10s)?

Yes. It's either track/region automation or CC. Attach your project here so we can have a look? How to attach files to your post

I hope that attached okay. I looked and one place where I found the issue is on track 'echo bops' measure 25, for pan. I guess the regions have to be 'on.' If you put the pan to 0, when the curser passes m25, the pan dial pops over. Or, 'breathy pad' at m5, both volume and pan pop around. I at first added automation to the track automation, but now I can't find any dots at m5. Shouldn't there be more dots on that track, and in 'region'?

Thanks for helping me with this!

Love and Pain folder.logicx.zip

• Solution
All my tracks say 'Read'. If there's info that changes the volume and panning in the region, shouldn't I be able to see and edit it? If not on the track, at least in the list editor (I see no CC7s or CC10s)?

So yes indeed in the region that is at bar 25 on the echo bops track there is a pan event. Select it and press delete:

pan-automation.png.ef2cddedf91eeb8179d97f527e1c8d43.png

Glad I just checked my spam filter. Thanks for the holiday response! I think I was highlighting the whole track when I looked in my events list before which is why I didn't see measure 25. Great, now I can delete unsolicited events. I think I did use either a musical or computer keyboard to input the chords, so maybe that's where the errant info came from. Cheers, and thanks again!