MacMini M1 Logic Benchmark results (strange)

JoshJ

Do you own any RAM hungry orchestral libraries? If so, please, please load them up and let us know how this machine with its limited RAM deals with them.

Not really to be honest, I could download a Demo of something to check. Most of my stuff is synth based. Been delayed by a day. Getting a 8GB 512GB so should be easy to find it's RAM limitations

This is crazy:

He’s using loops to populate the many tracks. Don’t know if this should utilize ram or put pressure on the ssd. He’s just using the base model. Seems like it can just run anything that you can reasonably ask it to do, despite the 8 GB RAM.

Now I need to keep remind my self of why I just bought a i7 27” iMac with extra bells and whistles: Backwards compatibility from day 1 and support for boot camp.

Could have got the Mac Mini M1 and a very decent screen for half that price :-(

This is crazy:

He’s using loops to populate the many tracks. Don’t know if this should utilize ram or put pressure on the ssd. He’s just using the base model. Seems like it can just run anything that you can reasonably ask it to do, despite the 8 GB RAM.

Now I need to keep remind my self of why I just bought a i7 27” iMac with extra bells and whistles: Backwards compatibility from day 1 and support for boot camp.

Could have got the Mac Mini M1 and a very decent screen for half that price :-(

Using my Mac Mini M1 for the past day or so, it's a great machine but honestly it's a bit of an ass around getting some stuff inline, especially when it comes to some obscure programs. if you only use Logic plugs and really well known plugins it's pretty good. But for audio work in general, especially if you do it professionally, I'd be content with what you have! Some things are requiring some odd workarounds. And if you need Boot Camp it's an absolute no brainer to stick with your machine for now

Using my Mac Mini M1 for the past day or so, it's a great machine but honestly it's a bit of an ass around getting some stuff inline, especially when it comes to some obscure programs. if you only use Logic plugs and really well known plugins it's pretty good. But for audio work in general, especially if you do it professionally, I'd be content with what you have! Some things are requiring some odd workarounds. And if you need Boot Camp it's an absolute no brainer to stick with your machine for now

Thanks... at present I’m like 90% of the time in MacOS. But price/performance within native Logic stuff seems so much in favor of the Mac mini M1 that I could probably live without windows. Anyway - the iMac a keeper for now and will support me for years. Don’t look back after you buy ;-)