edit chord symbols

geijn

quite simple in fact.....

in most fonts - hitting option+j inserts the delta symbol. Here I use the jazz extended font and I show how it can be placed in different locations of the chord.

The comma tells logic the separation between upper and lower chord structure

1/ first chord is C , option+j 7

2/ 2nd chord is C option+j , 7

3/ 3rd chord is C option+j 7 ,

981551544_addingdeltastochords.gif.abe9853d21cb6c6f9c5f565a9809fccd.gif

in your examples it seems that you cab edit the 7 and the 9: the last two examples show a difference in spacing. I am looking for the way to do that... and desperately looking for how to get a flat or sharp in stead of lower case b and hashtag

Most of what you ask is about related to which chord font you choose - there are many options.

This is the font"inkpen2 chord" which I think meets your needs - if it doesn't than just find a font which does please your eye....

Here are several example of of chords using the inkpen2 chord font.

1380586896_ScreenShot2020-12-07at10_53_54AM.thumb.png.f43bf6c09b0eb2ff6257c688382682f0.png

thank you!

then another question: if I want to use for example G7b9, and I want the number in the lower case, ho do I get a sharp-sign in stead of a hashtag?

thank you!

Annemiek van de Geijn

I dont quite understand the first half of your question - "the number in the lower case" ... are you talking about above or next to the main chord sign?

To generate a sharp sign is usually Option key + the key which has the 3 £ # - gives you # - the hashtag sign is the usual sign for sharp

PS @volovic - great tip about producing a Triangle thanks!