Tuner VU meter display gone

Logiquement
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I just went to the plugin manager and most, including tuner, are not 'successfully validated'. Think this might be it?

There is no validation process for Logic's inbuilt "plugins". Logic's tuner can not say "successfully validated" - Compatability will just say "-" for Logic's own code. This is normal.

The tuner doesn't seem to be loaded on the selected track in the screenshot, perhaps it's on a different track.

It's weird you don't have either the plugin header, or the pill box button to show/hide this on your plugin window. It also seems to be the wrong size. Can you resize it by dragging the bottom right corner?

Do you have the plugin headers/pill box button on other plugin windows?

I'd suggest trashing and reinstalling the main Logic app from the AppStore and seeing whether that restores this, because there is something weird going on with the tuner graphics not being loaded - it's possibly your app is damaged perhaps...

It's weird you don't have either the plugin header, or the pill box button to show/hide this on your plugin window. It also seems to be the wrong size. .

Come to think of it, that is normal behavior if you click the Tuner button in the Control bar (in which case the Tuner plug-in is inserted on the Input channel strip in the MIDI Environment). Except for the fact the plug-in is displaying in Controls view, that is.

Come to think of it, that is normal behavior if you click the Tuner button in the Control bar (in which case the Tuner plug-in is inserted on the Input channel strip in the MIDI Environment).

Makes sense as to why we couldn't see a Tuner plugin on the track, as it seems to be another of those "special case" plugins - this time where it's special feature is it doesn't show a plugin header (when it's auto-inserted by Logic in this manner - if you remove, then re-add it to the created Input object, it gets a plugin header as normal.)

Thanks - I didn't know about this behaviour (not that I have the Tuner in my control bar anyway!)

Except for the fact the plug-in is displaying in Controls view, that is.

Indeed!

If you load the Tuner plugin onto an audio track directly, does it display in Controls view too, or does it display the meter normally?

ok I've decided to reload Logic. I'll let the chugging computer do the hard work now. But just to make sure about this procedure, is it simply:

1-erase Logic app off the drive

2-reload Logic from app store

Is there anything specific I need to do to cover myself (of course I have all my files backed up) before or is it that straight forward?

ok I've decided to reload Logic. I'll let the chugging computer do the hard work now. But just to make sure about this procedure, is it simply:

1-erase Logic app off the drive

2-reload Logic from app store

Is there anything specific I need to do to cover myself (of course I have all my files backed up) before or is it that straight forward?

It is that straight forward, yes.

Seems the new Logic requires OS 10.15 but I am still on Mojave 10.14.6 which according to the app store is not compatible with the new version of Logic and my reasons for staying with Mojave is so some of my older gear can still operate at the 32 bit level, such as an old Midiman Midisport 2X2 box and a Steinberg Cl1 interface and a Radium 49 keyboard. Catalina only accepts 64 bits, Mojave could run both 32 bit and 64 bit which is why I am still with Mojave. My question is: is it possible to still get older versions of Logic, in this case 10.5?

Right. Your suggestion worked. This is very good. Many thanks to you kind person, and I won't even mention how I overlooked your solution and feel a little foolish at this point. I can sleep again, stress is now eliminated, your knowledge has saved me.

Another q: I am having a hell of a time tapping into my other replies on here. Going the the bell icon doesn't always work. Any idea why?

Right. Your suggestion worked. This is very good. Many thanks to you kind person, and I won't even mention how I overlooked your solution and feel a little foolish at this point. I can sleep again, stress is now eliminated, your knowledge has saved me.

Another q: I am having a hell of a time tapping into my other replies on here. Going the the bell icon doesn't always work. Any idea why?

You're welcome!

And sorry to hear you're having trouble replying. If you choose a topic and want to reply, you should find a "quick reply" text box at the bottom, you can type your text there and click Submit?

The bell icon should pop-up a menu displaying notifications: replies you've gotten to your questions for example. Does that not always work?

My question is: is it possible to still get older versions of Logic, in this case 10.5?

The app store has been very picky since the 10.6 update. I think that ship has sailed.

I run Mojave and on the app store no Logic updates available. I have 10.4.8 on my main machine and before 10.6, 10.5.1 was still showing.

After Big Sur came out, bye bye. Nothing.

• 1 year later...

I seem to be having this exact same issue.  I'm currently running Monterey 12.6 and Logic Pro 10.7.4.

The VU meter view for the tuner in the menubar was working perfectly fine for me last week, but when I opened up Logic Pro today the VU meter was gone.  I can't seem to get the standard guitar tuner back without manually adding the tuner as a channel plugin and then subsequently selecting "Editor" from the dropdown menu after opening the plugin.

I primarily use Logic for recording bass guitar direct, so the menubar shortcut was nice because it was just one button that could be brought up quickly but now that convenience is gone...

I removed and reinstalled Logic Pro from the app store, but that doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere regarding the menubar tuner button.  I still have the VU view via the plugin.