Copying Track Automation

Logic_4.8

Hi there,

If I have Left and Right Automation Tracks (within the same Track) - and I create Automation data in the Left Track - How do I copy the Automation in the Left Track and paste it to the Right Track? Or for that matter: ANY Automation points - and apply them to other Controller Tracks. I’m having trouble implementing this procedure. I just want to paste the exact same pattern of Automation data - which I created - onto the Right Track or other CC Messages/Tracks.

Thanks

If I have Left and Right Automation tracks within the same channel *STRIP* :)

see below:

1. I select a subtrack, and click an empty effect slot and choose Delay > Stereo delay;

2. Press A to show track automation > St-delay > 'Note Left' from Automation Menu;

3. Click in the automation line for the 'Note left' parameter to create automation points, then drag the points on the line to different values to draw an automation curve...

I want to copy ‘Note Left’ automation data onto the 'Note Right' automation data.

Thanks

download/file.php?mode=view&id=49313

18312573_Screenshot2020-11-29at13_20_22.thumb.png.9f0b11540831ef927312b088b0740a25.png

If I have Left and Right Automation tracks within the same channel *STRIP* :)

Ok the important information I was missing is that you were automating the Stereo Delay plug-in!! ;)

Ok then on the track showing the Note left automation, hold down the Option key while from the automation parameter pop-up menu you choose Stereo Delay > Note Right. You will be prompted to convert or copy and convert, choose copy and convert.

Ohhhh, nice one :) That had been troubling me for a while now!

One more thing... would this same process work If I copied the automation Data from the Note Left or Note Right and applied it to any of the other automation pop-up menu options. For example, St-Delay Low Cut Right?

Could I copy the exact shape of the automation from Note Right and apply it to the St-Delay Low Cut Right?

see below for example:

Thanks

1924122708_Screenshot2020-11-29at16_35_43.thumb.png.ce50c3ebd2696e4057fc82c924ed3115.png

Anyone?

I will elaborate on this a bit more... I am looking to copy this exact shape above (or any shape for that matter) and apply it to other automation or another CC. Just the shape, NOT the information contained on the carrier.

Can I be any more clearer than that?

Thanks

Hi there,

Nice one :)

btw when you quoted :

'' Hold down the Option key while from the automation parameter pop-up menu you choose Stereo Delay > Note Right. You will be prompted to convert or copy and convert, choose copy and convert. ''

I take it these same commands apply for this kind of procedure - or will it be different - because I will be copying automation data.

thanks

btw - do you ever sleep? :)

Haha yes once in a while I try to get a little sleep. :mrgreen:

So yes, copying automation data is what you were doing when copying Note Left to Note Right, so it's the same procedure to copy to any automation parameter. It may not always give you the expected results, because different automation parameters have different ranges and/or scales, so it's best to experiment and see what happens.