Sever Audio region from its 'parent' file.

andymunro73

Hi folks,

I've imported a song into the tracks pane and it's appearing as a region there. I've trimmed away the main body of a song as I'm just using the coda. However as this a non-destructive action the whole parent file still shows in Smart Tempo editor. This is making editing really annoying as the whole of the song is still 'remembered'. How do I destructively separate the small coda from the rest of the song?

thanks

AM

OK. Sounds simple but...

I've deleted (and trashed) all the unused files but the whole of the Parent file still shows in the Project Audio Browser. It's mostly greyed out but the small part I'm using is blue. And, when I open the file in the Smart Editor, the whole of the Parent file is still there albeit greyed out but that's 120 bars of annoyance when I only need to work on the 8 bars of the coda. Do I need to export the Coda Region as a separate file, rename it, then import it again? Or is there an easier way? Thanks again for your help. AM