Issue with 'Start and End' measures whilst bouncing

ifta2004

Hello all,

I am forever grateful for this forum. It got me through my first album and now as I work on my second album, here I am again.

I searched for this topic but was unable to find any info and I'm sure I've read it on here before, so please forgive me asking a question that has already been answered. If someone could direct me to the information I would be most grateful.

I recently upgraded to Logic 10.6.0 and have been loving it so far. I just created my first song with it and when I went to bounce I did the following:

1. Double click the cursor marking the end of the song twice to reset the 'start and end' times (is this method archaic and awkward? Is there a faster way to do this?)

2. Press CMD B, select mp3 and bounce away.

However, I noticed that the Start and End times are not resetting to match the bar numbers shown when I click the end cursor.

On that topic, where do y'all usually begin the bars to record? - 2 1 1 1 ? What is the best way to set it up so that it's easiest when sending it to collaborators to either play on or mix in your opinion?

Thank you as always David for having created this site!

Best,

Jeff

2059705478_trackpreview.thumb.png.dfbc2bcfec375e8b5b9696017b6972b0.png

111472319_Bouncescreen.thumb.png.1a4ac6b8b53e36557b8820437095413a.png

1. I'm not sure which cursor you're talking about? You can drag the project start/end markers in the ruler, but double-clicking one of them doesn't do anything here?

2. The start/end fields in the Bounce dialog depend on your region selection, marquee selection, cycle area, or project start/end marker positions, in that order. Here because you have regions selected, the start/end fields are populated with the selection start/end. To avoid this, deselect all before pressing Command-B (a single click in the background of the Tracks area will do it, or you can press Shift-D as well).

1. I'm not sure which cursor you're talking about? You can drag the project start/end markers in the ruler, but double-clicking one of them doesn't do anything here?

2. The start/end fields in the Bounce dialog depend on your region selection, marquee selection, cycle area, or project start/end marker positions, in that order. Here because you have regions selected, the start/end fields are populated with the selection start/end. To avoid this, deselect all before pressing Command-B (a single click in the background of the Tracks area will do it, or you can press Shift-D as well).

Thank you David! Once again you save my sanity. The single click in the background of the Tracks area fixed everything.

Before, no matter where I was in the song, if I would double click the start/end marker arrow it would zero out the start/end fields in the Bounce dialog. This time I didn't even realize I had the regions selected.

Thanks again!