Signal audible if I select the Input Monitoring, but not through Output

Grand Wazoo
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I'm routing all my stems to a track for Summing, and then it goes to the Output channel. This works 99% of the time but not for a new project.

The signal is audible if I select the Input Monitoring, but not through Output. Obviously, this isn't satisfactory as I can't solo different tracks and buses.

Looking at All tracks and no, nothing is solo'd or muted in the path to Output. The sum and master faders are at nominal zero, so it's not that either.

It happened years back once when I used LP9, but I've forgotten the solution.

Any ideas?

The signal is audible if I select the Input Monitoring, but not through Output.

If you don't see any meters on your Stereo Output channel strip in Logic, then you're not hearing anything coming out of Logic. Try deselecting the Input Monitoring button in Logic and see if you can still hear the signal: that means it's routed to your monitoring path through your audio interface.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'm not seeing any single to output monitoring without using the input monitoring in my summing track. See attached.

I am hearing signal out of LPX, but only when the input monitoring is selected in the summing track. That's the green labelled track in the centre of the tracks in the picture.

205086082_Screenshot2020-12-04at21_18_32.thumb.png.eb9fddc007dedc52e2855d9a431ccf8d.png

165005360_Screenshot2020-12-04at21_18_22.thumb.png.f2bc68b0a3e1df375cf0fb5233595b9a.png

That's what I am doing – only I converted the Bus to a Track for automation.

I don't see any options for 'Aux' only 'Bus'. It appears LPX treats the two as Bus.

BTW, this isn't anything new to me. I've done it like this for years. Only in this project, there's this anomaly that I have to use the Input Monitoring button on the SUMMING track.

• Solution
No, an aux doesn't have an input monitoring or record enable button, only audio tracks do ?

Jakob is correct, you're using an audio track (named "SUMMING" on your screenshot) for summing. Instead, you need to use an Aux channel strip.

Try this:

1. In the Mixer, choose Options > Create New Auxiliary Channel Strip.

2. On the new Aux, set the input to the bus you've routed all the tracks you're summing.

3. Delete the current SUMMING channel strip.

• 2 weeks later...