Logic Pro X 10.4.1 not recognizing Alesis drums as MIDI

an.eternal.hum

Hi folks.

Logic Pro 10.4.1

OS X 10.14.6

MacPro3,1 w/40GB RAM

Alesis Nitro Mesh drums

Hey folks. I'm having some trouble getting my studio Mac Pro to recognize this kit as a MIDI controller.

So I'm on Mojave -- I know that the CoreMIDI issue is a thing on this OS. So I started by getting the "Error initializing CoreMIDI" dialogue every time I would launch Logic. I used the workaround shown HERE to use Audio/MIDI Setup's "MIDI Studio" window to initialize CoreMIDI and get Logic to recognize MIDI. However, Logic still does not recognize the Alesis kit as a MIDI device.

Mac OS recognizes the Alesis via USB, by name -- so my computer is obviously reading it. It's simply Logic that is not recognizing the device. Musical Typing inputs MIDI data just fine, but I do not have any other MIDI devices around to troubleshoot external MIDI connections with.

My other machine -- 2013 MBP Retina, running Catalina and Logic Pro X 10.4.1 -- the Alesis is recognized immediately by Logic and works flawlessly, so I know it's not an issue with the Alesis. But my studio computer is hopeless at the moment.

Anyone have any advice?