Issue with Tracks changing names and assignments

question

I am working on a project with a combination of audio, sampler intruments and software instruments.

I am having an issue which is so strange that I don't even know where to start.

It has happend twice but I am unable to recreate it.

I believe it happens when glueing together audio fragments on the arrange window with a track selected, which is not the same as the one containing the audio.

After the glue process, suddenly all of the tracks on the arrange window lose their assignments and name correlation. The track name says "Bass", and the Bass MIDI object is still on the track, but it is now another instrument.

The tracks are also shuffled, for example where I had two pianos next to each other in the track order, one has moved up and the other down several tracks.

A few MIDi objects have also dissapeared.

I have worked with Logic since version 3 and I have never encountered anything similar to this.

I won't rule out pilot error, but since several things go wrong all at once, I would like to know if anyone else has seen this issue.

When glueing the audio together in arrange while having another track selected, I noticed that Logic created a new track, which I have also never seen before.

I cound not seem to find a preference for this behavior.

Also, using "Undo", reverts to having the audio unglued, but does not return the arrange window to its previous state.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Logic 10.5.1

OS 10.14

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks!

Do you sometimes have multiple Logic projects open at the same time? The kind of issue you describe is typical of what can often gets messed up when multiple projets are open at the same time, which is strongly recommended against in Logic Pro.

David,

thanks for the reply.

No I don't have multiple projects open.

I have a 90 minute film running in the project along

with audio, samplers and software instruments.

This has happened twice and won't allow an "undo".

I don't see anything suspicious in the undo list like "mess up project and create stress".