VU and Level Metering always showing output ?

Beanz

Hi everyone

I hope all is well

Please may I ask a small question

So I have a mix that I would like to pop a meter on the main output mix to see the level, VU, Loudness etc

However when I pop the meters in the chain they ALWAYS show as input being received, even if I pull down both Master and Main Mix fader (see pic 1 fades off) if I raise the faders then yes you also see the level in the Master & Mix fader (pic 2 faders up)

Why is it always showing as output in the plugs, means I cannot make subtable adjustments level wise in the overall output

And yes I have changed from Pre fader metering on and off under mix menu makes no difference?

Must be something simple :)

1038090743_1.FadersOff.thumb.png.7a8b1d3c57582a5bf43115746895b601.png

203596097_2.FadersUp.thumb.png.4fb6ca6429b00c6d7f69b721b5ecf808.png

If you leave the fader at 0 then what the meters display will be accurate (as long as you don't have any additional plugins after the meters that can adjust level).

The channel meter will reflect the fader status.

If this is important to you, then you can always route your entire mix to an aux which becomes your new mix bus, then route that aux to the output bus, with your metering plugins on, and with it's channel fader set at 0 as this channel is now only used for metering.