Questions about changes in 10.6

Zachchapel

I posted these questions in the 10.6 release topic but haven't gotten any answers yet. If anyone has updated to 10.6 and has some insight, I would greatly appreciate it. These are just some basic questions I have regarding the new version. I skimmed through the page showing all the changes but didn't find specific answers I was looking for which likely means they haven't been changed or I just missed them. Nice to see they fixed the "clicking a track and then shortly right clicking after isn't seen as a double click anymore." That was extremely annoying. Few things I had questions about which I didn't see right away and if anyone feels like chiming in, I'd really appreciate it!

1) Did they make an option to where you can always zoom to your playhead or mouse at all times? Even if regions are selected?

2) Can you toggle input monitoring on and off for a track that already has something recorded, but it won't play the previously recorded track when you hit the input monitor button? As it stands, Logic Pro X will play the input monitor source AND the previously recorded region at the same time...which defeats the purpose of quickly flipping back and forth to reference changes. The only way around it is to mute the region then listen to your input monitor source. For instance, If I have a DI track I'm reamping, it's being sent out to a source, I record that source, but then make changes to the source after I recorded it. What I want to do next is hit play, have the DI playing in real-time through the source and listening with Input monitoring, but then when I turn off input monitoring for that track, I want to hear the previously recorded take. This isn't possible in Logic X.

3) Can you quick punch without audio dropping out?

4) Is there still a delay when you change takes on a track during playback?

rename your current logic version, back it up. install 10.6. if those things you're concerned about are 'fixed', you're good to go. if not, you're no worse off than you are right now.

& either way, you can revert to your current version...

So...have you installed 10.6? yet? If so, have you noticed any of these changes? I only ask because nothing with Mac is ever that simple for me...like, ever. Maybe I'm just the minority when it comes to that. I'm running an older OS (10.14.6) with Logic X which is decency glitchy as it is. However, I usually don't update until I absolutely have the need to do so...period. That's why I just prefer to ask some questions before even considering it. Thank you for the input, though!

If you do the Kingfisher's above procedure, you can check out whatever custom behaviours you want in the new version, and you can run which ever Logic version you need without problem - ie there's no downside, and nothing on your system will be affected.

Awesome, thank you. Have you installed it yet and given it a try?

Hold the phone—OP says they're running 10.14 still. They won't be able to run 10.6 that way.

That said, I can't offer any help because I haven't had a project all semester where I've had to track something live, and I wouldn't be able to create a project just to test questions those out any time soon. That said, I feel like at least #1 and #2 would be mentioned in release notes if they've been touched.

Hold the phone—OP says they're running 10.14 still. They won't be able to run 10.6 that way.

That said, I can't offer any help because I haven't had a project all semester where I've had to track something live, and I wouldn't be able to create a project just to test questions those out any time soon. That said, I feel like at least #1 and #2 would be mentioned in release notes if they've been touched.

Thank you. I really wish 1 and 2 would be at least considered at some point by Logic. I guess we'll wait and see.