Ever seen .mamd files appear next to Logic Pro packages?

venk.ivanov

Hey guys,

I recently saw some posts from people reporting .mamd files appearing near they Logic Pro project files (when saved as packed, but not folder) and since I've never seen anything like that I'd like to ask if somebody has seen that and probably knows what they are. I couldn't find any information on the internet about that and a regular Google search points to the Media and file formats in Logic Pro at Apple Support page. I think it's a kind of metadata container, but not sure...

Any clues?

Cheers,

V

Ok I tried a couple of configurations of creating a project with an mp3 file and using Smart Tempo but couldn't get a .mamd file to appear. In some situations Logic creates additional files (temporary files, standby recording, overview files etc.) to do its own internal work or as helpers for the user, and in other situations those files are made invisible and transparent to the user. It's possible that in a specific situation you're in Logic needs to store some data in a visible manner.

In order to be any more precise we would have to pinpoint in which exact situation (after what exact operational steps have been taken) the file is created.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...