Pick up mode in controllers preferences not working

kerochan

What controller? Is it defined as a control surface, or is it just a generic MIDI controlller?

Pickup mode works fine here for me for it's intended purpose, so it will help to be more specific about what you are using, what messages it's sending, how it's setup and what you are trying to do, exactly...

What controller? Is it defined as a control surface, or is it just a generic MIDI controlller?

Pickup mode works fine here for me for it's intended purpose, so it will help to be more specific about what you are using, what messages it's sending, how it's setup and what you are trying to do, exactly...

Hi Dez, I am using a Novation Launchkey 61, latest model, if an on screen volume or whatever fader is set fairly high and the fader on the midi keyboard is set low when I move the physical fader the on screen one will jump down to the physical one, rather than wait till the physical fader has passed the current value, as it says it should do on the pop up help tag!

In the Control Surface Setup window - if you have a control surface, you will see an icon there for your controller. If there isn't one, it's just a generic dumb MIDI controller sending MIDI to Logic, not a Control Surface, and thus pickup modes for control surfaces I'm pretty sure wouldn't apply to regular MIDI controls - remember "pickup mode" is specifically a control surface parameter (Preferences -> Control Surfaces -> General) and it definitely works here (and I have it turned off, because I don't like this behaviour for plugin control).

In the Control Surface Setup window - if you have a control surface, you will see an icon there for your controller. If there isn't one, it's just a generic dumb MIDI controller sending MIDI to Logic, not a Control Surface, and thus pickup modes for control surfaces I'm pretty sure wouldn't apply to regular MIDI controls - remember "pickup mode" is specifically a control surface parameter (Preferences -> Control Surfaces -> General) and it definitely works here (and I have it turned off, because I don't like this behaviour for plugin control).

Just checked and the LaunchKey is in there as an icon. so I am still stuck with the jumping faders if I use the physical faders

OK, so I have sorted this myself. If anyone is interested,

Apart from setting the Novation to pick up mode on. (which makes NO difference)

I needed to go to Controller assignments then turn each knob on the keyboard and change FEEDBACK to NONE. dunno what all thats about but it seems to have sorted it, now the on screen faders don't jump to the position the physical faders are, they don't move until the physical fader match up to the on screen ones.

I probably will never use these faders but good to know anyway.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...