Is it possible to Bounce and Replace ONLY selected tracks?

luckyal

Exporting the track as audio forces you to choose whether you want to include Vol/Pan Automation and whether to bypass the plugins when exporting. I usually don't want to print effects and automation to the file itself and would rather leave the "executive decision" to the mixing engineer.

This is of the reasons I love "Bounce and Replace" option in Logic is because it allows you to retain automation and effects from each of the Instrument tracks you're bouncing. For example: when I do a mockup in MIDI and let's say I'm happy with my performance/programming and wish to commit the "as is" Instrument sound to an audio track but retain the flexibility of modifying insert effects or automation in the future, the best way to do this is to use the BIP (Bounce in Place) function. I often do this, and then deactivate and hide the MIDI track.

I am currently working on a fairly large project that includes around 120 instrument and orchestration tracks and 40 vocal audio tracks which need to remain as separate regions. What I'd like to do is Bounce and Replace ONLY the selected 120 MIDI instrument tracks so as to avoid making the 40 vocal tracks contiguous. Once that's done, I will export the whole project as an AAF file so that editor and mixing engineer can open up in Pro Tools complete with markers, tempo and automation included for each of the tracks as well as the 40 vocal track regions separated as I have them now. Is there a better way to do this than using the Bounce and Replace ALL tracks (no option to limit to only selected tracks), delete the 40 vocal tracks and then re-import those same 40 vocal tracks using session data import?