Undo History resets upon closing of project

swandive415

Hello,

This bug pops up randomly from project to project.

When I reopen a project, all of the undo history is gone, even though my preferences are set to retain the undo history.

In package contents, there are many "undodata.nosync" files. I'm not quite sure how those files work - but to me, it seems like the information is there, but it's just not showing up in the LogicX window.

I am using the newest version of LogicX.

As I type, I am upgrading my software to Big Sur.

Right now, I am desperate to access this undo history (a bunch of files moved wildly out of place, and a whole take folder was deleted after I spent many hours comping).

PS - I have a similar problem with project backups. My backups are set to 100, but Logic only ever saves one backup.

• 5 months later...
I would like to see this solved, too. I teach a class using Logic Pro X, and I used to be able to see 200 steps of undo history when students submitted work. This was VERY helpful, both for seeing where students may have gone wrong with something, but I also wound up catching instances of cheating and the like. It's been gone for a while but I would really like to see it come back.

I also wound up catching instances of cheating and the like.

Hahaha!! Funny. I too have received projects, not from students but from clients, and have had fun reverse engineering them. Sometimes not so much with the undo history, but just trying to see from what original audio recording each audio region was coming. Very instructive. :lol: