Problem with Vintage Mellotron in Logic Pro 10.6.1

pouya

Hi,

It seems that Logic Pro cannot save the settings for Vintage Mellotron properly. I add Mellotron to an instrument track and adjust its settings. Then I save the project and quit Logic Pro. Once I reopen the project, the Vintage Mellotron settings are visually there but when I try to play, it plays pure sine wave.

Does anybody else experienced the same issue?

Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned there is no workaround. I had to take a screenshot of the Mellotron window. Every time I reopen the project, I have to go to the Mellotron track, reload the preset and adjust the settings to match the screenshot. Fortunately there are only few knobs to adjust, otherwise it would have been a tremendous waste of time.

• 1 month later...

Oh man! I just ran into this bug! Very annoying, but thankfully the settings are few. I cannot use autosampler because I automated the Blend function throughout. It sounds so cool it's worth the hassle.

Funny how it makes me feel better knowing that it's not my fault.

IT'S NOT MY FAULT! :D

Works here.

I made changes to the Mellotron, saved the project, then opened the project and my settings were saved and played correctly.

I also saved it as my own preset, started a new project, loaded the same instrument, then recalled my saved preset and everything played just fine.

This was on my MacMini M1, see sig for details.

So far the difference I see is I'm on 11.2 and on a M1.

For Intel, maybe go to 11.2

Ahhhhh no! I am always at least one OS version behind because of stability. They break more than they fix. I can work around the mellotron patch, but not other breakages :( I never upgrade till an OS version has been out for a year...

Edited by favdave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, that suggested workaround:

• "...If you go to Macintosh HD//Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/Mellotron and duplicate the Mellotron.exs file, then label the duplicates 3 Violins.exs, 8 Choir & Flute.exs you won't have this problem anymore..."

...did not work here.

(Neither duplicating the exs file or the alias method)

:(

Simply develop the idea of that tip. And it'll work.

I duplicated the exs file and named it exactly as the Mellotron preset I use. Or you can duplicate it multiple times and rename so it mirrors the preset names (of course with .exs after that name). I'm sure, that'll work.

Hmmm, that's odd!

The plugin presets that I had created and that weren't working yesterday are now working as expected.

But the custom plugin presets I create today aren't. :shock:

I have duplicated to either exs or exs alias files for every factory preset and for the optional selectable component from within the GUI's 2 menu as well. I also duplicated same named after the newly created custom plugin presets but to no avail for those created today...

Closing and starting a new project and/or quitting and relaunching Logic isn't helping, the new custom Mellotron plugin presets created today aren't working, they keep sounding as blank sine wave...

Edited by Atlas007

• 1 year later...