Project file gets strangely 10x smaller while saving it

Colas11

I'm currently working on a 230Mb Logic Pro X project file containing about 100 MIDI tracks and a few wave files (sound effects).

Yesterday when I saved the file in a new name after few mixing changes, volume automation and deleting 2 empty tracks, the size surprisingly dropped to only 22Mb! Ten times smaller

When I reopen the 230Mb project, make no change and immediately save it, the file size drops to 22Mb as well.

I didn't clean up the project, didn't delete backup files....

What happened? Did I activate any option by mistake, using key commands or something...?

According to several topics about project files size on Logicprohelp forum, the average project size with MIDI tracks only is usually under 100Mb. This means my actual new 22Mb file would be a normal file size and my previous bigger one was too big.

What do you think? Any suggestion? Thanks in advance

How are you saving your project? Organized as a folder or package?

I always save my project as a folder so that I get the different versions in the same folder.

So far the size of the project was progressively increasing as I was adding more tracks and regions. Until yesterday when the size suddenly decreased.

I think you're worrying too much. You saved your file, it loads back ok - who cares how Logic is organising your data behind the scenes?

Indeed the new file seems ok. It loads everything, plays normally.

You're maybe right, I'm worrying too much.

It's just surprising to see the size decreasing that much.