simple panning of vocal tracks does not work!

Ritchie
Go to solution Solved by Ritchie,

Is there a known issue with panning vocal tracks? I've tried every method I know and my vocals will not pan.

independent pan setting: no good

post pan: no good

post fader: no good

other older Logic files: okay

is this a bussing issue? If so, how to fix?

is this related to known latency issues, by any chance?

Yes, vocal tracks can't be panned because vocals need to be in center.

But seriously, since we don't have the faintest idea what exactly "all the methods you know" are, we cannot advise on that.

Then, Independent Pan, Post Pan and Post Fader all pertain to Sends and are not applicable here.

"is this a bussing issue?" quite possibly, but unless you post a screenshot (cmd-shift-4) of the mixer, everyone will just be guessing.

You need to define "known latency issues" before anyone will be able to answer that.

In essence, with this little info from your side, it's possible to guess, but impossible to methodically track this down.

• Solution

Okay, I suspect diagnosing the problem would take forever with my limited knowledge and ability to explain.

I've copied and pasted all the stem files to a fresh, empty Logic file and now can pan my vocal tracks.

I need a simple instruction sequence for creating a vocal track stack and adding reverb to each vocal track as needed. The key is simplicity - I can barely understand Logic's bussing layout!

Also, any simple do's and dont's list to keep latency from becoming a problem would be great - things like sample rate and other settings in preferences.

Thanks

Ritchie

• 3 weeks later...
I need a simple instruction sequence for creating a vocal track stack and adding reverb to each vocal track as needed. The key is simplicity - I can barely understand Logic's bussing layout!

Also, any simple do's and dont's list to keep latency from becoming a problem would be great - things like sample rate and other settings in preferences.

Hello Ritchie, good to hear your panning issue was resolved. As for those new questions, please make sure you create one new topic in the Logic Pro forum, for each one of them. One new thread for each new topic, with a descriptive title, so that people can easily search topics in the forum, rather than a bunch of unrelated questions in the same thread.

Thank you!