Logic Sends Breath Control Messages Without Reason

götterdämmerung

I've never had this issue before, but now for some reason it appeared and I don't know how to fix it: I've noticed that my Nord Stage 3 switches to the Live Mode randomly when I'm using it with Logic Pro X, although I've never noticed that behavior before. I decided to monitor the incoming and outcoming events and noticed that whenever I switch between tracks in Logic Pro X, it sends a MIDI CC message to all connected MIDI controllers, the message is "Breath Control (coarse)" with the value of 90.

Did anyone encounter this problem before? I tried to google it, but was not able to find any information in regards to this issue. I've tried to do the "Reset All MIDI Drivers" and made sure that nothing is checked in the "Reset Messages".

UPD. I also asked the similar question on the Nord User Forum and some people do assume that when I used Live Mode for the first time, Logic sort of "saved" this command somewhere and now sends to the Nord Stage 3, though I could not find where such setting may be saved as the issue is reproducible even on empty new project and even when I just change the software instrument. The MIDI CC02 (Breath Control) is indeed responsible for the Live Mode on the Nord Stage 3. The question is why logic sends this command all the time to the Nord Stage 3 without any visible reason .

Thanks for the suggestion. Weird thing happened today. Suddenly it started to work the way I expect, i.e. now when I switch between tracks, I don't see any MIDI CC command being sent to Nord, consequently it does not switch to the Live mode anymore. There is a MIDI indicator on the Nord that allows me to see when the MIDI command is received (so that I can start my MIDI monitor only when I see some activity to examine the content of the MIDI messages). Previously it always blinked when I tried to switch the track in Logic or change the instrument or any sort of configuration inside the track and the MIDI monitor had shown that the Breath Control messages are sent to Nord in each case. But now nothing is sent. Interesting enough, I have not changed anything (I mean, I rebooted the machine, but I also rebooted it before multiple times, so I would exclude that).

I may try to press the Live button again on Nord and see what message Logic would receive to check if the issue appears again (last time the issue started to appear once I pressed the button), but first I would like to create some sort of a backup [of Logic configuration]. According to the docs, the suggested way is to simply back up the whole Logic folder, I'm wondering if there are "more elegant" ways, i.e. I would imagine Logic settings are stored in some sort of a config file (or set of the config files) or that there is a button that asks Logic to serialize settings into JSON/XML/YAML or any other format. If there is a way to do so, I could save Logic settings before experimenting, then do the experiment and compare both config files with a unified diff afterwards (with

$ diff -u config1 config2

or something like that).