Inserting a plugin in the top slot of multiple channels

guavadude

I'm wanting to add a channel strip style plugin in all channels. I already have other plugins in slots 1-3. I know how to select multiple channels and add the ch strip in slot 4, no problem except I want it at the start of the chain, not the end. How do I add the channel strip ABOVE slot 1, moving all the other plugins down a slot?

With multiple channels selected, when I try to add a plugin above slot 1, the plugin is only added to the first channel and not the others selected. So it appears adding to multiple channels only works if you select an existing slot. I can't even figure out how to just move plugins in slots 1-3 down a slot, freeing up space so I can add the ch strip since I can't add an empty plugin.

I figured a work around. Select your channels, then use Option-click on the Logic stock EQ and it inserts as the first plugin on each channel bumping everything down a slot. Then choose the channel strip you want to replace the EQ and it's first in the chain! Repeat and you can add different consoles to a/b.

I figured a work around. Select your channels, then use Option-click on the Logic stock EQ and it inserts as the first plugin on each channel bumping everything down a slot. Then choose the channel strip you want to replace the EQ and it's first in the chain! Repeat and you can add different consoles to a/b.

great idea! will try that if & when....