How do I get rid of this "conflict"?

anp27

hitting play when something is playing makes it stop. hitting it again makes it play. so change 'stop' to something else (i may have just made all that up, but seems 'logical'...)

The problem is I can't assign the Spacebar to any command because it's saying that Spacebar is conflicting with the system wide Spacebar Preview.

have you rebooted? that function (quicklook) should only work on files in the finder, not in logic... you could also try assigning play to another key, see how that goes, then re-assign it to the spacebar.

and/or someone else here should have a better suggestion...

Yeah I've actually had this problem for quite some time now but I only posted about this today. Apparently this issue is an old one and is yet to be resolved: viewtopic.php?t=144680

try changing the key commands globally (under "logic pro">key commands) to a different set (you may LOSE your custom settings), or try saving that set first. am not in front of Logic right now, but... something like that.

the fact that this is not a general problem suggests it's something in your setup; are you working from a custome template? if so, does the problem happen using a default logic template?

try changing the key commands globally (under "logic pro">key commands) to a different set (you may LOSE your custom settings), or try saving that set first. am not in front of Logic right now, but... something like that.

the fact that this is not a general problem suggests it's something in your setup; are you working from a custome template? if so, does the problem happen using a default logic template?

Did you check out the link I posted in my previous reply?

Save for that orange exclamation point in the key commands window, is this actually creating a problem while using Logic? I've never had a conflict with the spacebar being assigned to Play or Stop in Logic (always has been) and it being assigned to Quick Look in MacOS. If it's assigned to something else in MacOS, you could always unassign it in your system preferences?

Save for that orange exclamation point in the key commands window, is this actually creating a problem while using Logic? I've never had a conflict with the spacebar being assigned to Play or Stop in Logic (always has been) and it being assigned to Quick Look in MacOS. If it's assigned to something else in MacOS, you could always unassign it in your system preferences?

No, there are no problems, Spacebar works fine in Logic and also to preview files. It's just that I find that orange exclamation mark annoying. I hate to see error messages on my computer of any kind.

I'm not sure why you're seeing it but I wouldn't worry about it if that works as expected, or like I said if you find it truly frustrating to see that orange exclamation point then hunt down whatever other spacebar assignment you may have in your system preferences keyboard shortcut? Because I have spacebar used for Quick Look and I still don't see that orange exclamation point here so I don't think that's the culprit.

hunt down whatever other spacebar assignment you may have in your system preferences keyboard shortcut?

I've been scouring the web trying to find out how I can do that but have found nothing so far, I'm looking through System Preferences and it seems to only let you re-assign other keyboard shortcuts, not seeing any options for Quick Look. I've never had this problem in the past, I only noticed the orange exclamation mark when I upgraded to Catalina from Mojave a few months ago.

Each one of those choices in the left column has its own list of shortcuts. You have to look at each one and see if any is assigned to the spacebar?

I have already looked through everything, multiple times. Like I said nothing is mapped to the Spacebar, that is the default QuickLook key command to preview files and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that behavior based on my Google efforts. I've uploaded screenshots of each category so you can see for yourself that nothing else is mapped to the Spacebar:

1.jpg.cae90835a71fb769a3b99ed197e98488.jpg

2.jpg.e65a605e603b488802fcdb1ce5379a73.jpg

3.jpg.50da443ef2b6eb1eb2c7209ce3040728.jpg

4.jpg.38e219432c61f7c21f55facd2b907cd5.jpg

5.jpg.52beb1ee716fb1943f20bbc11042f756.jpg

6.jpg.3c9ec0bf9052eaa10a56f4e4a7dbd1ab.jpg

7.jpg.49e2c9de4c7c580afc0a35e44673f2ca.jpg

8.jpg.2152ecc57684719cd460ed8d95aa2a85.jpg

9.jpg.44e7d273d41763c96f3297d7ecbf5165.jpg

10.jpg.be6e5722cb40410ec7309e9f468be62c.jpg