Environment Control faders and Mixer Fader

DPhomestudio

Hi

I am trying to make one fader to fade in 8 tracks one at a time until all are audible and this should work in reverse when the fader is brought down.

I have tried on the Environment View and managed to have the Environment faders move in a staggered sequence (by starting the range in the negative numbers on the first tracks) but connecting this to the mixers tracks volume faders do not correspond... any ideas....

There are many ways to achieve this in the mixer without resorting to the environment - you can select all the faders and move one, use a VCA fader to control a bunch of faders, add the channels to a group, subgroup the channels to one aux fader, and so on. All of these are much easier to achieve than using environment faders and require very little (or no) setup...

Great, thanks for the replies. The little extra that I can't work out on the normal mixer, and that is why I thought I would venture into the world of Environment view on Logic, is ... With Controller Fader from 0-20percent, track 1 from nothing to 0db, and stops there. Then the Controller Fader goes further 21-40percent and track 2 moves up from nothing to 0db .... etc... I can't get my head around how to make this work on the mixer... :) or Environment. any more help would be awesome!

Now I get what you want. Try this:

stagger.gif.130bc121f67978f8f4f1b27f70414d80.gif

The left row of Transformers except the first one subtract 16 (=128 fader values / 8 channels) from the previous value. The right row multiplies the result by 8 to turn the target fader all the way up with just 1/8th of source fader travel. The target faders top out at +6, it's far easier to use a -6dB Gain plugin to compensate than handle this in MIDI.

Don't forget to enable this:

1988088251_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-26um11_12_18.thumb.png.2d60bc113956e2e0ccf9a0854258bbb6.png