Heads up for Channel Colors :)

ozinga

How does that work? Can you configure this on a per-project basis and change mixer channel colours at will? Or is this more of a global, set-once thing, where you say "Instruments 1-8 I want this colour", "Audio 1-4 this colour" etc and all your projects get this global colour scheme?

If anyone is interested, LPX colorizer is updated with Mixer Track Colors :)

Needs a bit configuring as the default one is too much saturated.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 16.25.36.png

Maybe I'm missing something here but Logic already does that.

TrackColor.thumb.png.da3d4d75a620f8c085c70108212b4715.png

Another thing that I wanted to point out, I know I've seen requests to rearrange tracks in the mixer.

You can do that.

ReArrangeForMixer.thumb.png.ffc8b0cf91b02b44da0febad44c5e3f4.png

Maybe I'm missing something here but Logic already does that.

In your screen shot, the channel strips are all grey (other than the small colour bar indicator at the bottom of each channel).

The feature mentioned above makes the *whole* channel strip draw with the channel colour.

Another thing that I wanted to point out, I know I've seen requests to rearrange tracks in the mixer.

You can do that.

That looks to me like you rearranged the tracks in the main/arrange window, not the mixer. This is not what people are asking for, who want to be able to reorder the channels in the mixer directly (which you can't do) or even have a unique order different from the arrange page (which you can't do, other than the standard three display options.)

Edited by des99

for every bad joke i've made on this forum (and there are, sigh, many), there are others whose standards are no better than mine; one of the (many) reasons i love this place.

:lol:

@ValliSoftware I'm guessing they mean coloring the whole track header, not just the color bars on the left of the track header, much like the app allows to color the whole channel strip, not just the color label at the bottom of the channel strip.