Why am I receiving "Command not available because there are no undo steps."?

jerrydpi

Hard to tell, try to open the Edit menu to see if there's an undo step listed there, or open the undo history to see if your region cutting gets logged in the history?

Hi David, I'm always bothering you guys aren't I? :)

Before I restarted, the earlie in the day history was there, but the last command (split region) listed, which was performed about 8 edits before my cuts/rename track/change plugin/etc., was the last one shown in the undo history..

• 1 month later...
FWIW I had a similar issue with Undo no longer working, with the same msg as indicated for the OP (in my case to simply Undo a region recording). All settings looked fine, just actions were no longer being added to the Undo history. I relaunched LPX, and then Undo's started working properly (though the previously 'lost undo' steps were not reinstated, as expected). No idea of what triggered this transient bug.

• 2 years later...

On 3/13/2024 at 3:55 PM, ISC said:

I have noticed that this issue arises when I have multiple Logic tabs open. hopefully this info can help someone figure out a fix. Thanks!

Thank you!

Had the same thing happen. Read your post and realised had an another project open. Closed project and undo steps reappeared.