[Solved] Logic on M1 Rosetta: Blank windows and missing GUI elements

Tronam
Go to solution Solved by Tronam,

For anyone here dabbling with music production on an M1 Mac, I would love to know if the windows display properly for you when running Logic under Rosetta. It doesn't occur for me at all when running Logic natively, but on two separate MacBook Pros (I exchanged for a larger SSD) under Rosetta I get strange graphical glitches with all of the main windows. I've included some screenshot examples: totally blank when loading previous projects or missing GUI elements with empty new projects where none of the track elements can be seen. If I move my cursor to where a plugin slot or control *should* be, I do see the tooltip and they do open when clicked. The previous projects play back as well, but the only thing I can see is the playhead. I'm really puzzled because I've seen so many reports from other users who have no such problems.

I'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting, but I'm pretty baffled here. I did not restore from backup, so it's a clean install, but maybe something has been carried over from iCloud? Any ideas on what I might be able to try to troubleshoot this?

1467031163_ScreenShot2021-02-19at1_39_23PM.thumb.png.c2b531bad13f6f5b85a0289b739febeb.png

626361955_ScreenShot2021-02-19at1_33_55PM.thumb.png.29b9dbc8b34a83ed7a79b3866bd99eae.png

1244618534_ScreenShot2021-02-19at1_32_04PM.thumb.png.417d9ab71bca4b8da015021ede11ab40.png

1670037597_ScreenShot2021-02-19at1_25_30PM.thumb.png.0dc4296d5eea1584bd5eda61d34d302c.png

Edited by Tronam

• Solution
Well, after more than a month of head scratching bewilderment and all sorts of trial & error troubleshooting with a new admin account deleting Logic preferences, clearing caches and anything else I could think of... I think I found the cause: My display profile was set to sRGB. Setting it back to the default Color LCD appears to fix the issue. It's odd because prior to discovering this every time I deleted the Logic preferences/caches it would load *once* without issue, but then all subsequent loads would exhibit the GUI corruption. Because of that I was convinced that some 3rd party plugin may be the culprit. Anyway, hopefully this thread is helpful to someone out there. Native Logic has no trouble with different display profiles, but apparently under Rosetta it does, at least in v10.6.1.

• 1 year later...